Needham, Massachusetts US
Store #50 RD
Your Search Results
FRONT END SUPERVISOR
Under supervision of Front End Manager-Operations, insures that product is properly loaded, rung up and processed out the door on a timely basis as well as handling customer problems and issues to develop a spirit of positive customer service.
- Assures that the front end has proper staffing and operating equipment to allow quick and accurate checkout.
- Responsible for positive customer relations through proper handling of all customer issues.
- Maintains dialogue with customers to get feedback on items not found, and quality of service on the floor.
- Insures that customers have adequate supply of wagons that are working and roll easy.
- Makes sure that employees in front end are properly dressed and wearing their name tags.
- Schedules lunches for checkers and loaders.
- Assigns employees in slow periods to do other work, such as return or processing of damages, sweeping and cleaning of F/E and parking lot area.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures.
- Motivates employees to maintain a positive attitude and provide excellent customer service to our customers.
- Responsible for assuring that wagons are taken from the parking lot and put in the holding area to prevent accidents.
- Makes sure the fire exits are clear, the front end is clean, free of spills and free of garbage and debris.
- Makes sure the floor employees are wearing their safety equipment such as back supports and steel toe boots as well as following proper lifting procedures.
- Makes sure U-boats are loaded properly to prevent tipping over.
Front End Operations:
- Supervises 2-4 checkers and loaders
- Checks register receipts to items purchased.
- Scrutinizes the receipt for expensive items and cases to make sure they match UPC number on the receipt.
- Monitors loaders to make sure that they load all product and check any open boxes to insure integrity/security of product being entered.
- Makes sure that loaders are loading and conducting piece counts and calling off to supervisors.
- Secures front end by making sure the loader and checker do not exchange information on counts from the receipt.
- Makes sure that loaders are loading wagons and assisting customers to the parking lot.
- Manages checkers and loaders to make sure that customers are getting out on a timely basis.
- Assures that loaders are checking big boxes to insure the integrity of the ring-up.
- Checks all wagons at point of exit for proper date, name on top of receipt, number of receipt total of last receipt, and matches total on yellow paid receipt.
- Reviews checker and loader errors and documents in log, for them to sign.
- Handles adjustments, returns, over rings, voids, etc. so as to maintain a smooth flow of customers.
- Makes sure that customers complete customer request form if necessary.
- Keeps logs of items not properly labeled to make sure they are corrected on floor.
- Monitors loaders and checkers to make sure they are following through on their job responsibilities concerning loading of goods onto wagons, checking of receipts and counts, as well as ringing/scanning of product.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Assures that customer problems are handled quickly so as not to allow the checker or loader to have words with the customer.
- Keeps UPC log for non-ticketed and non-scanable items
- Coordinates with Floor Manager on supplying labor when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The preceding responsibilities are representative of the responsibilities performed by this position and are not intended to be inclusive.
Due to our rapid growth, we are always accepting applications from professional, highly motivated individuals. This position may not currently be available, however, we encourage you to submit your resume for future opportunities.