SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Using true salesmanship help to augment branch sales by recommending appropriate wines & spirits to customers who are restaurateurs, grocers and other businesses. Take responsibility for departments, inventory management, in-stocks, displays, signage, presentation and overall P&L.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION Other duties may be assigned:
- Generate both in-branch and external customer sales; by using knowledge of products, sampling and demonstration.
-Organize tasting programs for restaurants and specialty services
- Manage the complete inventory and inventory controls
- Ensure compliance with all safety, sanitation and food-freshness regulations
- Merchandising of department to maximize sales
- Responsible for developing departmental schedules
- Developing brands through display and special recommendations
- Wine and food suggestions (increasing the average A.S.P.C.)
-- Set up tasting at restaurants or special locations for special wines, by variety region, brand, or vintage
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Strong knowledge of a large variety of wine and spirits and knowledge of local promotions and vendors
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to delegate, organize and plan effectively
- Thorough understanding of retail accounting
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word,
- Minimum one year background in Wine and Beer management preferred
- An extensive knowledge of Wine, their growing regions, etc.
Due to our rapid growth, we are always accepting applications from professional, highly motivated individuals. This position may not currently be available, however, we encourage you to submit your resume for future opportunities.